Company Slogan

Key Business Terms


I regard any expression of dissatisfaction in any form and from any source as a possible complaint. In the first instance, complaints should be sent to me. On receipt of complaints, the following procedure applies:-

  • Confirmation of receipt of the complaint will generally be provided to you within 2 working days together with notification that a full response will be provided, again in writing, within 14 days.
  • If for any reason it turns out as a result of the investigation or enquiries that it will not be possible to provide a full response within the 14 day period, I will notify you as soon as that becomes apparent and in any event within that 14 day period.
  • In the event that the matter is not resolved by a response from me a further complaint should be lodged with me. I will pass this on to a local solicitor and advise you of the contact details.

However, if you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you may be able to ask the Legal Ombudsman. Its job is to look at legal complaints in a fair and independent way. The service is free. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint and within twelve months of the act or omission complained of. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with me first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and

  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations, unless they are below certain size limits.

As well as your right to complain about any of our bills under our complaints procedure, you can also apply for the bill to be assessed by the court under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974, in which case the Legal Ombudsman may not consider your complaint.

The Solicitors Code of Conduct 2011 which contains our professional rules may be found at

I am not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.

My Firm and I are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. If a complaint is about professional misconduct then reference can be made to the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Tel 0870 606 2555 (inside the UK). Or write to the Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street Birmingham, B1 1RN . Go to their website for further contact details and for full details of the rules governing the conduct of solicitors. Website You can also obtain from them a copy of the Solicitors Handbook.